[asterisk-users] ISDN PRI configuration

giovanni.v iax at keybits.org
Thu Dec 8 04:36:31 CST 2011

Il 07/12/2011 23.45, Vieri ha scritto:
> As far as I know, E1 usually use 16 as D channel. Anyway, I tried as you suggested and set 1 as the D channel and 2-31 as B channels.
> In the asterisk log I got these messages:
>
> chan_dahdi.c: Channel 16 is reserved for D-channel.
> chan_dahdi.c: Unable to register channel '2-31'
>
> So doesn't this actually tell me that I should keep using 16 as the D channel?

I your line is provisioned as NET5 (ETSI/EuroISDN) you should use
channel 16 as D channel, no one else.

As suggested from Kevin check your cabling using a loopback, if you
don't have one make it using an rj45 socket simply wiring pin 1 to pin 4
ad pin 2 to pin 5.

Also check you telco network termination, a standard one provide TX on
pins 4/5 and RX on pins 1/2 but sometimes this isn't true (e.g. E1
gateways).