[asterisk-users] ISDN PRI configuration

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 17:06:30 CST 2011

--- On Wed, 12/7/11, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:

> Standard Ethernet cables do not always work for T-1/E-1
> spans. They do work a rather large percentage of the time,
> but not always. Distance between the NIU and the T-1/E-1
> card can be a factor, among other things.
>
> Many Digium products include span loopback devices, that
> you can plug a cable into and generate a hard loopback
> towards the card. If there is one of those on-site, have
> someone unplug the cable from the NIU and plug it into the
> loopback device instead; if the span goes green, then at
> least your cabling/wiring are OK.

I bought several Digium products and for the site I'm managing now, there are at least these cards:
Wildcard TE120P single-span T1/E1/J1 card (rev 11)
ISDN controller: Digium, Inc. Wildcard B410 quad-BRI card
and maybe more but right now I don't recall any "loopback device" although I won't be sure until I go to the site.
Can a loopback device be bought seperately?

What kind of cable should be used instead of an ethernet cable (I think they used a 5m long cat5 T-568B Straight-Through Ethernet Cable)?

Thanks,

Vieri