[asterisk-users] ISDN PRI configuration

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 16:45:33 CST 2011

--- On Wed, 12/7/11, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:

> > A telco has recently installed a new line in our
> building and I need to connect it to my Asterisk server with
> a Digium PRI card.
> >
> > It's not the first time I set up and configure a PRI
> link but I'm failing to make this one work.
> >
> > chan_dahdi.c: No D-channels available!  Using
> Primary channel 16 as D-channel anyway!
>
> We usually get D channels on the first channel of the first
> T1 in an NFAS group and the last channel of the last t1.
>
> However, telcos don't always get the order right. I've
> spent hours trying configurations and varying the D channel.
> Sometimes it's just that they number things in a different
> order than we were expecting. Sometimes, it almost appears
> that they use a dartboard :)

As far as I know, E1 usually use 16 as D channel. Anyway, I tried as you suggested and set 1 as the D channel and 2-31 as B channels.
In the asterisk log I got these messages:

chan_dahdi.c: Channel 16 is reserved for D-channel.
chan_dahdi.c: Unable to register channel '2-31'

So doesn't this actually tell me that I should keep using 16 as the D channel? (so chan_dahdi actually knows about it on its own, I guess)

It's funny though that chan_dahdi tells me I have to use channel 16 as D channel whenever I try to use another one, but when I do use 16, it says that there are no D channels available.

Confusing.

Thanks anyway for the reply.

Vieri