[asterisk-users] ISDN PRI configuration

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Dec 7 16:15:14 CST 2011

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011, Vieri wrote:

> A telco has recently installed a new line in our building and I need to
> connect it to my Asterisk server with a Digium PRI card.
>
> It's not the first time I set up and configure a PRI link but I'm
> failing to make this one work.
>
> chan_dahdi.c: No D-channels available!  Using Primary channel 16 as D-channel anyway!

We usually get D channels on the first channel of the first T1 in an NFAS
group and the last channel of the last t1.

However, telcos don't always get the order right. I've spent hours trying
configurations and varying the D channel. Sometimes it's just that they
number things in a different order than we were expecting. Sometimes, it
almost appears that they use a dartboard :)

--
Thanks in advance,