[asterisk-users] google voice calling dial plan question.

Dave Aibel daibel at pervasivetelecom.com
Wed Dec 7 12:39:27 CST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 4:05 PM, white hat <whitehat238 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would you be willing to post sanitized versions of your jabber.conf,
> gtalk.conf and details regarding the context you're using and how your
> inbound route is configured in your dial plan?
>
> Are you using STUN?  Is Asterisk behind a NAT device or on a public IP?

Yes, to both of the last questions. I am using STUN and my asterisk(s)
are behind a NAT device (a Netgear WND3700).

My jabber.conf looks like:

[general]
autoregister=yes
debug=yes
autoprune=no
auth_policy=accept

[asterisk]
type=client
serverhost=talk.google.com
; username=XXXXXXXXXX at gmail.com/Talk
username=XXXXXXXXX at gmail.com/asterisk
secret=XXXXXXXXXX
priority=1
port=5222
usetls=yes
usesasl=yes
buddy=XXXXXX at gmail.com
status=available
statusmessage="I am an Asterisk Server"
timeout=100
context=gtalk_incoming

and, gtalk.conf looks like this:

[general]

context=LocalSets		; Context to dump call into
bindaddr=0.0.0.0		; Address to bind to

allowguests=yes			; Allow calls from people not in list of peers

[guest]				; special account for options on guest account
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=gtalk_incoming

[XXXXXX]
username=XXXXXXXXXX at gmail.com
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
context=gtalk_incoming
connection=asterisk

And, I think that just dumps incoming calls into the context that I
posted previously.

HTH,

dwa

daibel at pervasivetelcom.com