[asterisk-users] SS7 + T1

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:24:00 CST 2011

I spoke with the Asterisk Pre-sales team and they said that SS7
support isn't technically supported, but it is there (e.g. talk to the
OS community about this).... so here's my question:

I'm trying to interface an Asterisk Softswitch to a Nortel DMS100.
If I get a dual-span card, can I run SS7 signaling over one span, and
a T1 over the other span and have Asterisk link the two (e.g.
caller-ID for the call on the 1st channel comes across the SS7... and
so forth?)?