[asterisk-users] ss7 installation and configuration

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 06:15:57 CST 2011

Hi,

I'm unable to configure SS7 (surely my bad because it's my first try).
I get this error:

ERROR[15475] chan_dahdi.c: Unknown signalling method 'ss7'

My system has:
asterisk 1.4.31
zaptel 1.4.12.1
libpri 1.4.11.5
libss7 1.0.1
(installed from source)

I can't upgrade this server to Dahdi and latest asterisk version...
In any case, according to the libss7 README, it should work with my software versions.

How can I make sure Asterisk is loading the SS7 library?

According to libss7, I should place "signalling=ss7" in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf. Is that right?
Do I need to recompile zaptel AFTER I install libss7?

Thanks

Vieri