[asterisk-users] google voice calling dial plan question.

white hat whitehat238 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:55:23 CST 2011

Hey Josh,

I've messed with the google voice account settings extensively.

As of now, in Google voice account settings I have.

Voice tab:  forward calls to Google chat checked.  Nothing else is checked.

Calls tab:  call screening is off.  On incoming call, display callers
number.  On Caller ID outing.  Don't change anything is selected.  Do not
disturb is disabled.  Nothing else is checked (enabled)

The behavior is that the call comes in, and asterisk rings extension 7008,
but I never here the prompt by Google to press one to accept the call.  It
either isn't played, isn't recognized, by Google when asterisk sends the
DTMF 1, or it's played before I answer the extension and I don't hear it
because the audio streams were not connected when it was played.  If I
answer extension 7008, and then press 1 (full one second press of the
button) then most of the time it will connect the call.  Sometimes I have
to press 1 two or three times before it will connect, and rarely, it won't
connect at all, even with the key presses.

As part of the troubleshooting I have removed all other Google voice
accounts in extensions_additional.conf, and left only the whitehat238
gvoice connection.

Now the prompt is never played but the key press is still required as if it
were.