[asterisk-users] AGI script that uses google's text to speech engine

Lefteris Zafiris zaf.000 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 15:47:41 CST 2011

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 21:51:21 +0100
Torbjörn Abrahamsson <torbjorn.abrahamsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is because you need to add /tmp to the STREAM command, ie:
>
> print "STREAM FILE /tmp/$tmpname \"$intkey\"\n";
>
> $tmpname seems to not contain the path, so it will look in
> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds for the file...
>
> This at least made it work for me... (After fixing some other things
> to make it work with asterisk 1.2...)
>
> BR,
> Torbjörn Abrahamsson

$tmpname is "supposed" to include the full path together with the temp
dir since its created with the option 'TMPDIR => 1' during the call of
tempfile() and it does so in my system that runs perl 5.14.2. I guess
that might not be true for older versions of perl(?)
Can you please tell me what version of perl you are using?
The oldest perl I can get my hands on is 5.8.8 on RHEL 5.x machines.
I will try to test there and see whats going on.

Thanks for the feedback.