[asterisk-users] AGI script that uses google's text to speech engine

Kingsley Tart kingsley at skymarket.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 11:23:59 CST 2011

Hi. Aside from converting spaces to plus signs, you don't encode any
special characters before putting them in the URL. It might be safer to
run $line through some sort of encoding before calling Google with it,
even if most special characters probably don't result in any sound.
Google say "and" if you give it an ampersand, but unescaped you couldn't
include that in the string.

You may decide to have an option to locally cache pre-produced sound
files in case that phrase is used again.

Cheers,
Kingsley.