[asterisk-users] Issue with Polycom SPIP650 and its sidecar [SOLVED]

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 1 06:44:44 CST 2011

2011/11/30 Mike <list at net-wall.com>

> Hi Olivier,****
>
> ** **
>
> It if occurs only on the sidecar, I would imagine this is either a
> defective sidecar/Polycom phone, or a defective PoE switch not giving
> enough power. Changing PoE port would eliminate of confirm the PoE port
> being the issue, but I’m betting on a Polycom defect.****
>
> ** **
>
> Make sure the PoE port is configured (if it`s a smart switch) to send
> maximum power to the port, with a sidecar I think the phone requires 12W.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Regards,****
>
> ** **
>
> Mike****

Hello,

As suggested here, we tried this morning, to check if the problem could
come from PoE.

When my collegue arrived there, he had the chance to see the sidecar in its
"broken mode": names missing on the LCD screen and so on.
Plugging a power supplying instantly solved the issue (no need to reboot
anything).

I still can explain myself why a PoE switch (a Linksys SRW224P) would
succeed or fail to deliver power to a plugged IP phone, given that only a
couple of Polycom phones are using this switch a power source.

Thanks for everyone.
Cheers