[asterisk-users] Wanted a modified SIP message body

Paul Hayes paul at provu.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 05:35:40 CDT 2011

On 31/08/11 08:46, Jaime Lozano wrote:
> Hello,
> I agree with you, I'm not explaining the problem in a proper manner,
> because of my lack of Asterisk knowings. I send the Wireshark captures.
>
> 3com telephones take the timezone TZ:7200 from the 3Com PBX to show the
> time right. But what if I want a 3Com telephone to work with Asterisk
> PBX? Then the telephone time is wrong, 2 hours lower. It seems 3Com
> telephones need the TZ:7200. 3Com telephones work with Asterisk and it
> is great, but we would like to log the calls.

Well I think your only options are to either modify the Asterisk source
code to add this non-standard message body to your SIP packets or swap
the phones for some that can use NTP which is how everyone one else sets
the time on a network device.  These phones are obviously designed to
only really ever be used with the 3COM PBX they were made for.

cheers,
Paul.