[asterisk-users] same sip peer as user and provider

Fabian Borot fborot at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:35:52 CDT 2011

yes, same thing

From: fborot at hotmail.com
To: fborot at hotmail.com
Subject: RE: same sip peer as user and provider
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:35:01 -0400

yes my friend. same thing

From: fborot at hotmail.com
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: same sip peer as user and provider
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:16:11 -0400

Hello

Up to version 1.6.0 we have been able  to configure the same SIP device as a user [inbound trunk] and as a peer [outbound trunk] w/o issues.
After we switched to version 1.8 this setup wont work, apparently one can not have the same IP on 2 different trunks anymore. The trunk that is configured as user or friend is not choosen when the inbound call hits asterisk, instead the outbound trunk is and that trunk is usually w/o context and then asterisk can not find any "call logic" in the dialplan in the default extension, hence the call fails.

as a workaround I have been trying the SIP_CODEC variables [inbound and outbound] but it wont help me in all cases.

Also I can not set the ptime on the fly using those variables in the dialplan.

After reading in the forums and the books/guides apparently the "users" are matched by the From header and "peers" are matched by IP.

Is this is the intended behavior now?

any help is greatly appreciated, txs a lot in advance
fborot