[asterisk-users] Good, inexpensive wireless VOIP handsets ?

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Fri Aug 26 16:00:29 CDT 2011

On 08/26/2011 03:17 PM, linux guy wrote:
> I like the idea of running multiple ATAs with a single base or handset
> on each line.
>
> Something like the Panasonic KX-TG4111B which sells for about $40 for
> a handset and base.   PAP2s sell for about $50 or $25 per line.  Total
> cost of $65 per handset.
>
> Comments on this approach ?

I use it mixed in with other types of devices. The pap's really are
pretty flexible devices for the money. I have one cordless but mostly
wired fax, and doorphone.

I have a rack of them and each just terminates into the building wiring
for phone jacks, so at the user end its just a regular phone plugged in
the wall.

I used to have t1 card and channel bank, but that became a single
expensive point of failure, needs a pc that has pci slots, and really is
no more programmable than the sip boxes. So that is why I switched. The
cordless handsets I just don't really like for reasons I have gone into
already but that doesn't mean they don't work.