[asterisk-users] Looking for ideas for nice **Asterisk** home phone system

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Fri Aug 26 15:14:22 CDT 2011

At 04:28 AM 8/26/2011, you wrote:
>I'm using Asus Eee Box (1012Ps) as Myth front ends in another
>project.  About $280 with 320 Gb hard drive and 2 GB RAM.  Atom 510
>processor.  Built in Wifi.  Nearly silent.  Runs F15 nicely.  Would
>one of them suffice ?

I have a dual core Atom I use for my home office Asterisk/Samba box.
Never seen TOP show over 5% unless I was doing a build or something.
I have a Digium Analog card for my POTS lines so I needed a bigger
case. I use faxaway.com which costs $12/year for a fax number and
essentially unlimited email delivered faxes. Makes my wife happy and
I don't have to figure out how to get faxes to work.

Ira