[asterisk-users] Looking for ideas for nice **Asterisk** home phone system

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Fri Aug 26 13:40:31 CDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 12:37 -0600, linux guy wrote:

> Do any of the DECT systems handle multiple incoming phone lines ?
>
> How do the DECT systems integrate with the voice mail services on an
> Asterisk system ?

The single line Panasonic that I use doesn't handle multiple phone lines
itself, but the ATA will give you "call waiting" capability, and
asterisk will give you the ability to take in multiple DID numbers (via
ITSP or POTS).

The voicemail in Asterisk is used via the dialplan like you would with
any handset.  With stock FreePBX, for example, you would dial *97 to
access the voicemail associated with the extension that covers that PORT
(which would be ALL of the handsets on that basestation).