[asterisk-users] Looking for ideas for nice **Asterisk** home phone system

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Aug 26 09:41:40 CDT 2011

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011, linux guy wrote:

> How much power does the home asterisk box need ?

Much less than you would think. Any modern processor is more than enough.

> I'm using Asus Eee Box (1012Ps) as Myth front ends in another project.
> About $280 with 320 Gb hard drive and 2 GB RAM.  Atom 510 processor.
> Built in Wifi.  Nearly silent.  Runs F15 nicely.  Would one of them
> suffice ?

More than enough unless your extended multi-generation family lives with
you. And you multiply like rabbits. And you all want to talk at the same
time.

The LinuxMCE (http://http://linuxmce.org/) project may be of interest to
you. They integrate Asterisk, Myth, home automation and the kitchen sink
into a single distribution. They just announced their 8.10 release
candidate a couple of days ago.

--
Thanks in advance,