[asterisk-users] app_sms testers required

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Aug 26 09:29:45 CDT 2011

There are three problems with app_sms in Asterisk 1.8.5.0:

 - It fails to initialise a 'flags' variable and ends up sending with
   protocol 2 in some cases when it shouldn't, which obviously fails.

 - The smsq tool fails to install its call file into the outgoing queue
   in a way that Asterisk will see it.

 - If disconnect supervision isn't functioning or inbanddisconnect=yes
   is set in chan_dahdi.conf, it will keep bitching about 'bad stop bit'
   over and over again, without even a newline at the end of the
   message, even when we *told* the peer to go away by sending a REL
   message.

These issues are all fixed with the patch in
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-18331

Apparently we need a popularity contest even for the obviously-correct
parts of the above which have been reported elsewhere¹ in the bug
tracking system but ignored. So if any users of app_sms could test the
patch and confirm that it works for them, it would be massively
appreciated. And would reduce the chances of me getting too frustrated
with Asterisk and spending my time helping out with other projects which
will appreciate it more.

--
dwmw2

¹ https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-15361?focusedCommentId=160885#comment-160885