[asterisk-users] Looking for ideas for nice **Asterisk** home phone system

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 06:28:16 CDT 2011

Great discussion, all of it.  Thanks, people.

How much power does the home asterisk box need ?

I'm using Asus Eee Box (1012Ps) as Myth front ends in another project.
About $280 with 320 Gb hard drive and 2 GB RAM.  Atom 510 processor.  Built
in Wifi.  Nearly silent.  Runs F15 nicely.  Would one of them suffice ?

FWIW, I'm typing this email on one now because my main system is down.

It looks like I am going to need an ATA for the fax machines.  Two.  My wife
informed me yesterday she wants her own in her office.  VOIP handles fax
machines, right ?

I'm wondering what phones everyone is using.   Should I stick with analog
wireless handsets or are there some good SIP wireless phones out there that
I don't know about ???

Thanks.