[asterisk-users] Bind SIP over TCP port in asterisk 1.4.42.

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 08:35:37 CDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Catalin S. <jonsonplayer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I need to listen on tcp 5060 on my actual asterisk 1.4.42. I tried in
> sip.conf at
> [general] section the following options:
> transport=tcp
> tcpenable=yes
> tcpbindaddr=0.0.0.0
> but after all that changes i still not see tcp port raised up. Did somebody
> had the same problem and had some solutions?
> Thank you very much.
> Jonson.
> --

I looked....  TCP + Transport are listed in
http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/branches/1.4/channels/chan_sip.c
but not in http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/branches/1.4/configs/sip.conf.sample

try
transport=TCP

Beware, some systems use SIP(not encrypted) over TCP on port 5061,
which is not really wrong, just not what the standards say.

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~