[asterisk-users] Looking for ideas for nice **Asterisk** home phone system

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu Aug 25 01:44:51 CDT 2011

Steve Totaro wrote:

> VoIP mostly aside, a couple more thoughts.
>
> I am not sure I understand your reasoning for DISA or how it is
> cheaper.

The only reason we use DISA is to spoof the caller id.  The OP also
wanted to save costs, which is also possible (as someone already
confirmed).  DISA does save some cost for me too, but it is immaterial.

The call from the mobile to the asterisk box is free or flat fee due to
calling groups offered by our provider.  The outgoing call is charged
at regular fixnet prices, much cheaper than mobile ditto.

> You can buy a card that accepts SIMs as FXO and FXS.
> For your reasoning, a card of such nature is required.  Populate  it
> with different SIMs or whatever that are in calling groups or whatever
> you were trying to say.

You've lost me, I have no idea what you're talking about.

> Just use callback back and some logic to reduce your costs.
> Call back will allow you to use the corp identity, and  LCR will cut
> costs over DISA.
>
> The system calls you back after you make a call.  Then the call is
> placed. There is a very brief outbound cell phone call, followed by a
> an inbound call from the server that you initiated with call back.

OK, I see.  I haven't looked at that, but it sounds more complicated
than using DISA, and I'm not convinced it would be any cheaper.  (it's
important that the scheme be easy to use from the mobile end).

> Inbound to a cell is generally less expensive that oubound on a cell,
> sometimes completely free.

Yes, inbound to a mobile is free as long as you're not roaming. However,
with our calling group setup, it doesn't matter who (fix or mobile)
originates the call, the cost is the same.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - your spam is our business.