[asterisk-users] System Command not executing php

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Aug 24 14:26:47 CDT 2011

Un-top-posting again...

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Tim King wrote:

> What does this mean? The suggestion from Jian did resolve the issue.

It may 'work' but it did not resolve the issue and may introduce
unpredictable behavior in the future.

When Asterisk executes an AGI, it creates an environment that is fed to
your program's STDIN. Asterisk expects that your program will read it.

Asterisk then expects to receive requests from your program via your
program writing to it's STDOUT and expects your program will read the
response via it's STDIN. This request/response cycle continues until your
program exits.

If your program violates this protocol it is not an AGI and you should not
expect stable behavior.

You have not resolved the issue that you cannot execute your program via
system().

--
Thanks in advance,