[asterisk-users] Help with pri call giving error.

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 06:24:16 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 23 Aug 2011, Jerry Geis wrote:
>   I am not getting calls going out my PRI.
> I am getting an error condition.
>
> There are no errors in /var/log/asterisk/messages.
>
> >  Called Number (len=15) [ Ext: 1  TON: Unknown Number Type (0)  NPI:
> >  Unknown Number Plan (0)  '913175551212' ]
>
> Why is the call failing?

You haven't stripped the "9" off the beginning of the number.  Where you've
got ${EXTEN} in a Dial() statement, you need to change that to ${EXTEN:1} .

To be honest, I didn't think anybody bothered with "9" for an outside line
anymore.  Asterisk is smart enough to figure out how many digits you dialled.
So in my dialplan, 3 digits is an internal number;  6 digits is a local
number; and anything starting with an 0 is assumed to be an STD code and
number  (all STD codes in the UK start with a 0.)

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.