[asterisk-users] Looking for ideas for nice **Asterisk** home phone system

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Wed Aug 24 02:15:43 CDT 2011

Steve Totaro wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:42 AM, Per Jessen <per at computer.org> wrote:
>
>> Linuxguy123 wrote:
>>
>> > My original post didn't mention it, but I would like my home system
>> > to be Asterisk based.
>> >
>> > Has anyone figured out how to minimize cell charges when on the
>> > road via making calls via the home phone system ?
>>
>> Yep, look up DISA:
>>
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+DISA
>>

>> /Per Jessen, Zürich
>>
>> --
>>

> Just curious how DISA would help with cell phone usage charges.

Assuming multiple mobiles (e.g. household or office), a typical setup
around here (Switzerland) is that you can call freely within a group of
numbers, often including one or two fixnet numbers.

> But at least here, if you are on a per minute plan, how would DISA

Where is "here"?

> help? Obviously, different countries and carriers do things
> differently, but I don't pay for anything extra, no roaming, nothing.

Did you mean to say you don't pay for roaming either??  Wow.  I could do
with a subscription like that.  (here roaming means using your phone in
another country).

> For my situation, DISA is pointless except for road warriors who call
> all over the world, from anywhere, they can call into the corp system,
> get dialtone and skip the whole process of expense reports for work
> related calls.  It makes things less complex, not more.

Using DISA also means getting a corp caller id, not a mobile.

> Maybe if you explain your situation and how your plan works, but for
> me, personally, DISA would be a an added cost and complication.
>
> The only purpose I can think of for myself could be accomplished by
> spoofing caller id.

How is that done from a mobile?  Sofar that has been my main reason for
using DISA - cost is not a real issue.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - your spam is our business.