[asterisk-users] Playback while dialing out

Faisal Hanif faisal at vopium.com
Tue Aug 23 01:47:54 CDT 2011

Well as far as I know asterisk you can't play anything while channel is in
dialing state but music-on-hold. A solution to your problem is realtime
music-on-hold.

Following are possible steps,

1-Configure your asterisk for realtime music-on-hold
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+musiconhold.conf) so it
will get all mog class info from DB in realtime.
2-Before dialing a call create a moh class in db by hitting a query and
associate your target voice.mp3 files with that class.
3-Dial the call and associate that moh class using parameter.

Regards,

Faisal Hanif