[asterisk-users] How is a ping test delay "ms" different from status in Asterisk "sip show peers"?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Aug 21 17:10:29 CDT 2011

On 08/20/2011 02:24 PM, Bruce B wrote:

> What's the point of having the metrics then? They are inaccurate
> and deceiving. If there is no benefit to showing the real metrics
> then why not change it to Status = Reachable than showing a
> number?

Because it's still more useful than not having it?

If I see someone with an Asterisk RTT of ~200 ms in 'sip show peers',
I know their phone is working fine.  But if I see 3000 ms, they are
probably lagged due to bandwidth contention or other problem.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC