[asterisk-users] Possible Bug? .call files executing multiple times

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Aug 19 08:19:42 CDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Brandon Phelps
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2011 8:15 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Possible Bug? .call files executing multiple times

Hello all,

We are setting up an auto-dialer to call customers based on the opening of
tickets in our internal ticketing system.  Everything is going fine so far
except for one snag:

To test the system we are implementing I am manually moving .call files into
the /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory like this:

asterisk at dialerdev:~# cp test5703.call /tmp/test.call && mv /tmp/test.call
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/

This works great and the call is immediately started, however more often
than not (ie. not all the time, but most of the time) after answering the
call or rejecting it (sending it to voicemail), another call is performed
using the same file.

I notice that when a call is initiated the .call file is not removed
immediately.  Instead, asterisk waits until the call is completed before
removing the call file, so it seems like 5-10 seconds into the call since
the .call file still exists another call is placed.

Any advice on how we can avoid this situation and ensure that only one call
is made per .call file?

The OS is Ubuntu 11.04 server and we're running Asterisk 1.8.

Thanks,

Two things
1. Asterisk 1.8.what?
2. once the call file goes to /v/s/a/o, it becomes a "self-logger";  the
file won't "go away" until Asterisk "senses" that the call is successfully
completed.  You can counteract this by putting Maxtries:1 in your call file.