[asterisk-users] Echo problem in the analoge lines

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Aug 16 09:42:24 CDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 05:34:58AM -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> OK, I can buy echo canceller from Digium and how will be installed in
> the digium card? Or it is a hardware?

If you're using a TDM2400 you can buy a hardware echocan module or HPEC (which
is a proprietary software echocan) if you desire (or need), however...

> Currently I am reading a message at the consol that Unable to enable
> the echo canceller .. does this means that Digium card that I have is
> not supporting?

...either of those options won't resolve the "Unable to enable the echo
canceller".  After you set 'echocanceller=mg2,1-24' in your
/etc/dahdi/system.conf file, did you run dahdi_cfg?  Also, what is the output
of 'cat /proc/dahdi/1'?

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer