[asterisk-users] AMI Commands - not working as Expected, Maybe???

Amol Vedak amol.vedak at mobilewaretech.com
Tue Aug 16 07:33:57 CDT 2011

Hi John,

I kind of facing the same problem that you were facing.
I am using similar configuration as you are for asterisk.
I am using java-asterisk library to communicate with asterisk.
In my code I am setting two variables (PIN, MREQID) and trying to access
them in dialplan (dialplan shown below).
When I send command to Asterisk to orginate, I get following result (result
shown below). I am wondering how should get access to individual variable
data. I was wondering if I should use Set(var,x,y) method to pull out the
part which is necessary for me. But wasnt sure if thats the right way.

RESULT
 -- Executing [login at authcheckrohan:5] Set("SIP/softphonerohan-00000060",
"PIN=3408|MREQID=1") in new stack
[Aug 16 17:53:06] WARNING[15739]: pbx.c:1344 pbx_exec: The application
delimiter is now the comma, not the pipe.  Did you forget to convert your
dialplan?  (Set(PIN=3408|MREQID=1))
    -- Executing [login at authcheckrohan:6] Set("SIP/softphonerohan-00000060",
"MREQID=") in new stack

DIALPLAN
exten => login,1,NoOp();
;exten => login,n,SayNumber(${PIN})