[asterisk-users] Linksys/Cisco 504G randomly restarts

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Mon Aug 15 13:54:05 CDT 2011

On 8/15/11 10:46 PM, C F wrote:
> I have 3 Linksys/Cisco 504G phones they keep restarting at what seems
> to be random. Sometimes as short as 6 minutes.
> FW version is 7.4.3a
>
> I have searched and tried disabling FW check and all related settings.
> I also extended all the default 3600 resync checks to a lot longer.
>
> TIA
> CF

Hi,

Try upgrading to the latest version. I have tens of 504G operating
without any problems.

How are you powering these phones? I had a case when a PoE switch was
experiencing short-circuit problems on a badly wired cable, and was
unable to provide enough current to power the phones on the other ports.
Replacing the faulty cable fixed the problem. You can always try to
power the phones using 5volts DC, 2A center pin positive power source
and see if the problem persists.

Also I have a Linksys SPA-941 that has a public IP and reboots itself
whenever someone tries to bruteforce into it by sending tons of sip
registers :)

HTH,
Vahan