[asterisk-users] One way audio when using originate...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Fri Aug 12 15:59:23 CDT 2011

	We are having a problem when trying to use originate or AMI to make a
call.  We have an Asterisk 1.8.5.0 server which uses a SIP provider to
call the PSTN.  When dialing from IP phones everything works fine.  When
you try making the call with originate, AMI or a call file then the
remote person can hear you but you cannot hear them.  Why would it
behave differently when dialing from a phone?

	The server is behind NAT and uses externaddr to set the external IP
(static).  Anyone had any experience with this?

Here is my (edited) sip.conf entry:

[libre-8793]
defaultuser=123456789
secret=XXXXXXXXX