[asterisk-users] Trouble with *8 Pickup

Paul Hayes paul at provu.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 03:46:57 CDT 2011

On 12/08/11 08:46, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> Have you seen it in any other versions of 1.8 or is it something that
> has happened in the latest release?

I've not specifically seen this issue with other versions of Asterisk
but then I've never tried to replicate it.  The only time I've seen this
with 1.8.5 is when I've purposely replicated it after reading your post.

I have had much, much worse problems with pickup in previous versions of
1.8 and in the 1.6 branch where pickup will occasionally lock chan_sip
altogether.  This is a known issue and is in Jira and is fixed in 1.8.5.

This issue doesn't really seem to cause any problems other than some
stuck SIP channels.  It's in Jira too:

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-18225

For the minute I can live with this and a nightly cron job to restart
Asterisk to drop the stuck channels.  Bit of a bodge I know but it works
till someone fixes the issue.

cheers,
Paul.