[asterisk-users] Where to proceed next

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:10:59 CDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
>                   I presently use the 1.4 releases because I enjoy sleeping
> at night.  I understand that 1.4 reaches end-of-life in a little over 8
> months (https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions).  I
> also know (as best as I can) that no genie is going to make Asterisk 1.4 go
> “poof” on this date.  My clients would probably sleep better thinking they
> were running a PBX that didn’t have this “drop dead” date however.   Since
> 1.6.X has the same time constraints as 1.4, it seems it would be a waste of
> time going that direction.  Should I go down the 1.8 .X path to have 4 years
> of time, but the headaches that have been documented here, or pursue the
> 10.X which is presently considered Beta? (is it really beta,  or just
> relabeled 1.8?).
>
> Thanks
>
> Danny Nicholas

Regardless of what release you choose to use.  The best thing you can
do is to check that all the features and configurations you use are in
the test-suite. Look at bamboo and see how the tests are going.  If
you have a feature in your dial-plan that concerns you, share it and
think of a way to test this feature.

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~