[asterisk-users] FAX Issues

Thorolf Godawa nospam at godawa.de
Thu Aug 11 09:02:08 CDT 2011

Hi,

> In my office I have 1000 ext, each users has it's own DID number.
> What I would like is that each user can get a fax using his own number.
I'm fighting with this since some time too.

My experience is, that faxing over IAXModem is not reliable.

So I'm going with T38Modem, my provider also supports T38 and finally I
got Mail-2-Fax with T38Modem, HylaFax and Asterisk 1.4 runnig.

I still have some issues with Fax-2-Mail, I had to patch T38Modem to get
it working with Asterisk and it only works with Asterisk 1.8.

But anyway I think it's better using T38Modem with T38 fax, than using
IAXModem that uses G711 and which often makes problems with sending faxes.
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf