[asterisk-users] FAX Issues

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Aug 9 23:12:57 CDT 2011

I do love this stuff.  Being self taught, Asterisk actually made me
learn LAMP from the command line.  I was a pure Windows and Cisco guy,
all self taught since the VIC20 and Commodore 64, I taught myself
BASIC.

Anyways, just like anything you need to define the job before you
attempt to choose the proper tool(s).

Just a quick correction to number 5, Hylafax is a very powerful fax
app, IAXmodem is just a bit of glue.  It has error correction and
other features that help in TX/RX faxes successfully.  Asterisk is not
the endpoint.

It has been in dev since the early 90s, starting with SGI and their
IRIX servers.  (I love SGI and the Cray Numalink)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HylaFAX