[asterisk-users] SRV question

J Gao jgao at veecall.com
Mon Aug 8 11:37:30 CDT 2011

Hello, All,

I have a question about using SRV record. One of SIP provider is using
DNS SRV record. If I use IP address of the SIP proxy server I can
successfully register my Asterisk 1.8.5. But If I try to use the domain
name like:
/register => user:pass at somedomain.com/
then the registration failed.

So I have to "/dig somedomain.com SRV/" to find out the SIP proxy host,
for example, "sip.regserver.com", then I have to run "/dig
sip.regserver.com/" to find out the real IP address.

Does Asterisk has the feature so I can register by SRV record? I lookup
up sip.conf and I enabled srvlookup=yes, but that is only for SIP URI
outgoing call, not for SIP registration.

Thank you in advance.

Jian