[asterisk-users] Receptionist Extension cannot be Pickup()'ed

Cassius Smith cassius at cassius.org
Fri Aug 5 15:31:14 CDT 2011

Hello all,
I am struggling with an annoying problem. I have an installation with a
small number of Grandstream  GXP2010 endpoints. Each endpoint has all the
extensions programmed into the phone for BLF - for instant pickup, transfer
or speed dial.

Except for the Receptionist phone, which is handled internally via the "0"
extension. That extension drops into a [day-menu] context with an IVR after
the receptionist phone rings for 20 seconds.

The receptionist phone has a BLF field on all the other phones. But when
that phone rings, I think something is messing with some channel variable
that is preventing Pickup() from working.

ALL Other extensions can be picked up. ONLY the extension(s) I ring from the
day-menu cannot.

Here is a snip from my dialplan:
exten => s,1,NoOp()
 same => n,Verbose(2,"----Processing incoming call from ${CALLERID(all)})
 same => n(daycheck),GotoIfTime(08:30-16:59,mon-fri,*,*?open)
 same => n,Set(MENU=night-menu)
 same => n,Goto(night)
 same => n(open),Set(MENU=day-menu)
 same => n,Set(__PICKUPMARK=)
 same => n,Dial(SIP/3100,20) ; 3100 is receptionists phone
; go to IVR if no answer
 same => n,Goto(playmenu)
 same => n(night),NoOp()
 same => n(top),Wait(0.5)
 same => n,GotoIf($[${COUNTER}>=10]?wrong)
 same => n(playmenu),Background(${MENU})
 same => n(bypass),WaitExten(10)
; go straight to VM if they time out...
 same => n,Goto(2,1)
 same => n(wrong),Playback(something-terribly-wrong)
 same => n,Playback(goodbye)
 same => ,n,Hangup()
; within [day-menu] option 2 is Voicemail, option 1 is Directory.
=========================
Calls come in to the dialplan from the PSTN in the [from-pstn] context:
[from-pstn]
; catch analog phone call incoming, send it to main number
exten => s,1,Verbose(2,---------------Processing incoming call for ${EXTEN}
- in context from-pstn)
 same => n,Answer() ; Wait for CallerID Spill
 same => n,Wait(1.5) ; Wait for CallerID Spill
 same => n,Set(CALLER_ID_INFO_ALL=${CALLERID(all)})
 same => n,NoOp()
 same => n,Set(__PICKUPMARK=)
 same => n,Goto(day-menu,s,1)

Calls are picked up via this context, included in [users]:
[BLF_group_pickup]

exten => _**31XX,1,Verbose(2,BLF Pickup Extension ${EXTEN})
 same => n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@users&${EXTEN:2}@default&${EXTEN:2}@PICKUPMARK)
 same => n,Hangup()
 (I have also tried adding "@day-menu" to this, but it didn't work either).

Oh yes ­ Asterisk v1.8.4.1, DAHDI 2.4.1.2 libpri 1.4.11.5

Thanks
Cassius