[asterisk-users] Assistance sending mass sms to cellphones

Robert Huddleston rhuddleston at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:50:02 CDT 2011

This is off topic...

Asterisk will not provide you with the ability to SMS random cell phones.

Being able to "transport" the SMS yourself is a grewling process.. Look at
software like Kamel...

Basically you have three options:
( a ) cheat and use the email method - i.e. determine everyone's carrier and
use the email address equivalent
( b ) utilize a 3rd party to transmit the sms for you (cost) and they might
end up doing ( a ) above without you knowing
( c ) spend lots of money and headaches transporting sms yourself.

Either way it's off-topic and not related to Asterisk.