[asterisk-users] Customizing sip response codes for PBX Sip trunk

Paul Belanger pabelanger at digium.com
Thu Aug 4 09:47:15 CDT 2011

On 11-08-04 04:21 AM, Shaun Wingrin wrote:
> Say the PBX is:
> Mitel-3300-ICP 10.2.0.26_2
> Created SIP trunk to * but PBX doesn't see trunk as unavailable when
> its really unavailable. It simply fails the calls..
> How can I change the SIP response code to respond with e.g. "All Channels busy"?
> Any suggestions on how to program the Mitel to work?

I have not done a deployment in the last year, but before that I've done
multiple installation with the 3300 and ever ran into this issue.

Is this on the same LAN, I assume there is no routing issue?

A SIP debug log from Asterisk would be helpful.

But to answer your question, there is no way to change SIP response
codes via the dialplan, you would have to modify the source for
chan_sip.c (something I do not recommend).

--
Paul Belanger
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer