[asterisk-users] Asterisk reload, to execute file

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Aug 3 09:18:25 CDT 2011

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011, Shaun Wingrin wrote:

> When * reloads it changes the file permissions of below file.

Asterisk doesn't change file permissions. Maybe your startup script does?

> How can I call an executable which corrects for this?

You should treat the cause, not the symptom.

> chmod 777 /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/dialparties.agi

This is a bad idea. Do you really want anybody to be able to delete or
modify this file? What would happen if I were to replace this file with
one containing 'rm --force --recursive /' and then call in?

'777' says 'I really don't know what I'm doing and I'm too lazy to try to
figure it out.' Guess how many files have '777' on any freshly installed
OS?

--
Thanks in advance,