[asterisk-users] *8 pickup not releasing channel

Naomi Rosenberg naomi at dmcip.com
Wed Aug 3 04:31:37 CDT 2011

Hi,

At a site running Asterisk 1.6.2.14 there is a problem whereby if someone does a *8 pickup, then sometimes it will keep hold of the channel after seemingly being hung up. The channel shows up if you do "core show channels" and the device state is IN_USE.

I couldn't find a bug report on this - there is https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18654 but that seems to be different as it blocks all calls whereas in this case everyone else can continue to make and receive calls, just not the person with that sip device.

So I was just wondering if anyone had had that experience and if it is known to be fixed in later versions.

Thanks,

Naomi Rosenberg
Developer

Data Messaging & Communications Ltd