[asterisk-users] use ILBC installed from asterisk yum repositories

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Aug 2 11:46:16 CDT 2011

On 08/02/2011 11:42 AM, Bob Pierce wrote:
> I would like to try the ILBC codec on one of our systems.
>
> The system is currently running Asterisk 1.8.5.0 installed from the
> Asterisk provided repositories for Centos 5.
>
> Is there a process for installing the ILBC codec under this
> environment, or will I have to un-install the RPMs and build Asterisk
> from source?

There is no codec_ilbc RPM available from the Digium repositories at
this point; there could be one in the future, but given that this is the
first time I've seen a request for it, it seems unlikely to be worth the
effort.

You can use the SRPM for Asterisk to rebuild the RPM after importing the
iLBC source into the build tree; at least I think that would work.

--
Kevin P. Fleming