[asterisk-users] MixMonitor and attended transfers

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 07:31:38 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-02 at 07:51 -0400, Dan Journo wrote:
> > Hi
>

> > I'm using asterisk 1.8.3.2 (with a couple of patches)
>
> > I have the following scenario...
>
> > SIP call comes in and gets answered by extension A (MixMonitor is
>
> > executed as part of this inbound dial plan of the number being
> called)
>

> > Extension A puts call on hold and calls extension B
>

> > Extension A then does an attended transfer of incoming call to
> extension

> > I'm finding that the recording only lasts up to the point that the
>
> > transfer is made.
>

> > Is this the correct behaviour? Is there any way I could make this
>
> > inbound call into a single continuous recording?
>

> I've not used 1.8 yet, but in 1.4, you could send the incoming call
> through a LOCAL channel when the call comes in, and start the
> recording on the Local channel.
>
> That way, the LOCAL channel should keep recording, even when you
> transfer the call.
>
> You may need to add /n
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+local+channels
>

> Hope that helps. It's a little hard to explain, but try it out.
>

> Dan Journo
>
> Kesher Communications (UK)
>
> Business Phone Systems | Hosted PBX

I didn't have this problem with 1.4, it just recorded the whole message as a matter of course.

I'll have a look into using local channels for this but I think it has
more to do with the way that 1.8 as treating attended transfers and how
it joins the 2 channels involved.

--
Ishfaq Malik
Software Developer