[asterisk-users] Capturing call Reject/Decline events on a PRI line

Ishwar Sridharan ishwar at exotel.in
Mon Aug 1 10:23:17 CDT 2011

Richard,

I tried calling the same number outside of Asterisk, by making direct calls
from a landline telephone and a mobile phones. When the user rejected the
call, the call was immediately cancelled.

This implies that for whatever reason, the call reject signal is not
available for asterisk to process, even though the network processes the
event.

We use a digium TE420 card(
http://www.digium.com/en/products/digital/te420.php) to connect to the PRI.
To debug the scenario, how do I do the following:
a. Is there an ISDN signal for call reject/denied?
       I'm sure there is, for reasons explained above.
b. Is my service provider passing along the call reject/denied signal to the
PRI?
c. If the signal is passed along to the PRI, why is the card not recognising
the signal?

Call Reject is a pretty common feature and is in common use everywhere.
There must be a simple way to fix this.

--
Thanks,
Ishwar.