No subject

Tue Apr 12 01:01:39 CDT 2011

to a fax (modulation and demodulation) over VoIP.
Try again, the fact that you succeeded twice was pure luck, and as far
as I understand that didn't even work out.
Switch back to TDM. Your dial up modems want that magic thing called
timing and no jitter that only TDM will give you.

===========================

This is more of a whimsical statement than a scientific one, but I would
think in today's world, there would be a real small box that would take in
IP and put out TDM with good timing with a moderate buffering window.
Obviously, the IP has to actually get to the box in a timely fashion, like
"today" , but a TDM circuit has to be "up" also.

A box that would take in IP data..., look for valid "ascii", and otherwise
put out TDM modem tones with no data content for "1 second" and then pick up
the data as it catches up.

Better a laggy modem connection than no data at all.

CF