[asterisk-users] dial multiple extensions

Roy Kidder rkidder at rkidder.com
Sat Apr 30 12:15:40 CDT 2011

Hello,

I've got a problem with something I'm doing and can't seem to figure it
out. I've tried different suggestions I've found on voip-info.org as well
as other sites but nothing I do seems to work.

I've got an older Digium TDM400P. The FXO daughter card is connected to my
POTS line and the FXS daughter card is connected to a TDM phone. I also
have multiple SIP extensions. My desire is to ring all the internal
extensions (the TDM and SIP extensions) on an inbound call and send the
call to whichever extension picks up first.

This seems to be working just fine if the extension that picks up is one
of the SIP phones. On the other hand, if the extension that picks up is
the one off the FXS port, then the SIP phones continue to ring and the
dial plan continues to execute even though the caller on the FXO port has
been connected to the phone on the FXS port.

Inbound calls are sent to extension 3100, which looks like this:

exten => 3100,1,Dial(SIP/3105&SIP/3106&SIP/3108&dahdi/1,20,tr)
exten => 3100,n,Voicemail(3100)
exten => 3100,n(end),Hangup()

Like I said, if I pick up on one of the SIP extensions, it seems to do
exactly as I expect. If I pick up on dahdi/1, however, the SIP phones
continue to ring and the FXO and FXS ports are connected and passed into
voicemail.

I'm running on Debian Squeeze/6.0.1 and am running the stock Asterisk
1.6.2.9-2+squeeze2 package.

If anyone has some suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks!
Roy