[asterisk-users] Discussion: Are we ready to leave 1.4 behind?

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Thu Apr 28 21:15:10 CDT 2011

Let me try to better describe the test senario that I found, and have been
commited to 1.4svn, 1.6.2svn 1.8svn and trunk.
All aspects need to be thrased out though.

Leave Phone-A 2 new messages, and for this example we only have 2 new
messages.

Now to create the problem - (gaps in the message sequence):

1). From Phone-A, Enter voicemail and start listening to your 1st message.
2). From Phone-B ring Phone-A, which should go to voicemail
    Leave a message. Do it again. So now we have new 2 messages, on top of
the initial 2, a total of 4.
3). At Phone-A delete the 1st message, and you now should have 1 left (we
don't know about the 2 new ones). DON'T hangup.
4). Hangup Phone A.
    On closing mailbox the resequence only knew about 2 messages, not 4,
thus the message sequence became 0, 2 and 3.
5). DON'T open the mailbox yet, as the openmailbox resequence will fix it
up.

This is where the problems start - (further messages start to get lost
forever), only fixed if the user goes into their mailbox;

6). From Phone-A ring a test extension, Voicemail will do, but don't enter
your BOX number.
7). From Phone-B ring Phone-A, which goes to voicmail, leave a message, do
it again. We now have 2 new message, total should now be 5.
8). Hangup Phone-A

The result:
9). From Phone-A go into voicemail, we should have 5 new messages.
    If there are 4, then we have lost some messages.
    If there are 5, then it looks well, but still continue testing. This is
just one of many senarios.

Alec Davis