[asterisk-users] Discussion: Are we ready to leave 1.4 behind?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Apr 28 17:42:29 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Sure. Please follow the 2 next stories:
>
> - had a customer running 1.4.26 We upgraded to a new server and
> installed 1.4.39, last version at this time. Bang: voicemail doesn't
> work as it should, had to fallback to 1.4.26 Customer is still running
> this version.
> - have 1.4.41 and 1.6.16 which are no more able to use auth keys in
> iax
> since we update one server from 1.4 to 1.6
>
> Now imagine that 1.4 stays at only security level. For first case we
> have 2 options: upgrading for security reasons to last version but
> then no more voicemail, or staying with 1.4.26. In the second case,
> upgrading both servers to test with 1.8. If it's still not working, it was time
> loose beside other problems.

If there are obvious regressions in major functionality such as voicemail, I'm more than happy to still consider making fixes for those problems during the "security maintenance" period.  It has to be pretty clear, though, and in this particular case, it is.

Can you point to the bug number please?  I want to make sure this voicemail problem is resolved as soon as possible.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.   |   Engineering Manager, Open Source Software