[asterisk-users] Discussion: Are we ready to leave 1.4 behind?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu Apr 28 15:35:19 CDT 2011

At 10:43 AM 4/28/2011, you wrote:
>On 11-04-28 01:06 PM, Ira wrote:
>>At 05:56 AM 4/28/2011, you wrote:
>>>If I can install 1.8 and
>>>know that I can "turn off" things to get to 1.4 "solidness", then I don't
>>>have a problem with this kettle of fish. BTW, where does 1.10 fit into
>>>this
>>>conversation?
>>
>>Personally, 1.8 has never lasted more than 12 hours on my box without
>>dying and once I figured out how it dies, every beta and every release
>>will fail within moments if I followed the same very short test script.
>>I did put up a bug report on the problem once and was told within
>>moments it wasn't a bug, but I'm not smart enough to understand what I'm
>>supposed to do to troubleshoot and the same configuration has always run
>>on 1.2, 1.6 and 1.10 so from my perspective, it's a bug.
>What is the issue number.  Additionally, if you can reproduce this
>with a simple test script, I recommend creating a test for the
>testsuite and posting in on reviewboard.  I'll even talk the time to
>triage and merge the test.

The test is this:

Pick up one of my 3 Aastra sip phones.
Dial 11 to get dial tone on a POTS line connected to a TDM04
Dial the POTS line connected to port 2 on that same TDM04
Call goes directly to voice mail and I get a bunch of SIP
re-transmission errors.

Then I get told to read the SIP retransmission document which might
as well be written in Greek for all the good it does me.
I've no clue what the bug report number is, it was back around RC1 or
2.  If you search the archives for my email you will probably find my
posts about this. I don't post much so they should stand out.

If you want to look at this with my help, an email off-list will get
your use of me and my Asterisk box.

Ira