[asterisk-users] Retaining original caller id

Jan Bakuwel jan.bakuwel at omiha.com
Wed Apr 27 00:18:09 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to get my head around an interesting problem (well.... I
think it's interesting :-) ).

An inbound call (say from extension 100) gets send to a queue and one of
the members (say on extension 200) answers the call when her/his phone
rings. In this case ${CALLERID(num)} = 100 and ${MEMBERINTERFACE:4} =
200. All good.

Now another member (say on extension 210) answers the call with *8. Now
${CALLERID(num)} = 200 and ${MEMBERINTERFACE:4} = 210. Not good.

How can I retrieve the original caller id number (ie. 100)? I've tried
to set a channel variable in the context where the inbound call is
coming in but it seems another channel is used by the queue so the
variable set on the channel of the inbound call is not available once
the call is answered with *8.

Any advise much appreciated.

kind regards,
Jan